use-revolution Digest, Vol 5, Issue 123

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Feb 13 09:11:49 EST 2004

X,

Actually you can. I have been playing with environmental controls via
X10 and MacBrick and Rev.

The MacBrick can monitor the environment via light, touch, temperature,
sound, pressure, movement etc. and feed that to Rev, then Rev can
control an X10 device like a light switch (on the other side of the
house) or a camera or a servo motor ie. to start a watering system for
the plants.
Also, X10 by it self has a few limited environment devices that can be
triggered via movement, light etc. to then control itself.

The addition of lego mindstorm would make building little gadgets
easier and more fun.

X, you being into racing should like this:
Last year I mounted a wireless X10 camera to a remote controlled truck.
Then from the comfort of my room watching the road in front of the
truck through the TV I can race the truck around the yard from a first
person view. With out even having a line of sight on the truck.

Of course, people ask me why I do this and the only response I have is
"Because it can be done and isn't it cool !!!!"

:-)

Tom