OT: Village signing [was: RR as a browser plugin?]

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Thu Feb 12 18:23:21 EST 2004

Hi Jacque,

> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:50:14 -0600
> From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> Subject: Re: OT: Village signing [was: RR as a browser plugin?]
>
> On 2/12/04 12:41 AM, Ken Norris wrote:
>
>> I never knew that. I've been wanting to learn at least AMSLAN for a long
>> time, but there are no teachers or solid learning sources on this island, no
>> courses available.
>>
>> Did you ever write a tutorial for learning it on the computer?
>
> No. I can't imagine the amount of work that would take. You can't
> exactly write it down; it would all have to be videos.
------------
There once was a HC stack with drawings similar to most workbooks I've seen.
Not well known, but I borrowed disks and had it on a Mac SE at work (though
no one else knew it) back in '89. I found it a little difficult to work
with, so I kind of gave up when my deaf tutor left the hill (Lake Tahoe).

I'm not asking you to do it, I just wanted to know.

Seems relatively straightforward. So what would it take to map out a
syllabus, sit down in front of an iSight and spend 5-10 minutes or so a day
on it, just collecting clips?

Not Jabberwocky, though ;-)

Ken N.