itemDelimiter

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Feb 12 08:14:11 EST 2004

You've got a couple options (at least):

1) Use regex, see matchText and match on something like
"<text>(.*)</text>"
2) Use offset(), as you imagined, something like:

put "<title>" into startTag
put offset(startTag, theHTML) into startOffset
if (startOffset > 0) then
   put offset(endTag, theHTML, startOffset + length(startTag) - 1) into
endOffset
   if (endOffset > 0) then
       put char startOffset to (startOffset + endOffset - 1) of theHTML
into theTitle
   end if
end if

HTH