Windows appearance issues

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 11 01:25:46 EST 2004

Ken,
That is the default tabbed control 'whatever' in windows. What it means
is that that is the back most button and will be hit upon when the user
hits 'enter'. You have to turn off all the selection stuff, you know,
the traversal stuff etc. and leave only what you need for it to act
like a button. I had this problem. It seems that windows users don't
mind this look and enjoy the use of it. Also I just rebuilt my own set
of buttons and hard coded them the way I wanted with color and drop
shadows etc. and did not use OSX or Windows to avoid the ugliness and
big differences, now they look the same on either system. Also I
changed the accent color to match my new buttons and color scheme.

FWIW

Tom