Is Transcript's English orientation a plus or minus?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Feb 10 09:05:06 EST 2004

>  Who wants Rev to be as user-friendly as C?

I'm afraid that's impossible, Judy:  one would have to--

* "dumb down" the Rev Dev UI,

* completely rewrite Transcript to make the syntax as succinct as possible

* "power down" the syntax so it takes half a page of code to
accomplish what could previously be done in one line

* add support for line end characters (eg: ";") which completely
change the meaning of a statement when appended to it.

* place programmer's premium on how complicated a command can be
produced in a minimal token string, preferably incorporating the line
end character mentioned above & other "C cleverness" to impress one's
colleagues with the ultimate undecipherable, cryptic statement.

:{`)
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company