two questions about images

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Feb 10 15:52:12 EST 2004

Recently, "Andrew"  wrote:

> Hi everyone.  I have a couple of questions about images.  When
> importing an image ("as control"), how do you make sure that it goes to
> the data-bank place (what is that called?) so it can be accessed from
> every card, rather than just being imported to one card.

Group the image (yes, you can have a group of 1 object) and set its
backgroundBehavior (Behave like a background) to true.  Any new cards
created after this point will automatically have the grouped image applied.
To add the grouped image to existing cards that don't already have the image
present, go to each of these cards and select "Place Group > xyz" from the
Object menu.

> Also, say I have one image and another image on top of it.  The top
> image is a non-square image, like a person.  However, when imported,
> there is white all around the person to fill out the square, and you
> can tell since it's sitting on top of the back image.  How do I tell
> Revolution that I want the white part to be transparent?

The best way is to create your transparency in whatever paint editor you
have.  GIF and PNG are the two image formats that Rev supports with
transparency.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director