OS X Standalone Prog Folder Problem?

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 9 13:31:24 EST 2004

Just a thought, My classic apps have a data folder with the .rev file
in it. Could that be where your file path starts? If so it is one level
deeper than your OSX app. I had a similar problem with an autorun win
cd and ended up having to put the media at the root level for OS9 and
OSX but also have it available one level deep for the win file. In
future projects I will know this and always put my media at least one
level deep in separate folders. i.e.:
CD:
	Readme.txt
	OS9 App
	OSX App
	autorun.inf -- for win.exe file in Data folder
	WinShortcut -- to Win.exe one level deeper for easy nav when not
autorun.inf used
		Data -- Folder one level deep
			Win.exe App
			Media -- folder for all media
				media.wav
				media.png
				media.jpg -- etc.
			Library1.rev -- Mac library file
			Library2.rev -- etc.
			Data -- folder for win library files
				winLibrary.rev -- win library file

This way all apps can get to library files and media files as they need
to in distributed form.

Tom