he Bitstream VERA font, the first truely crossplatform solution

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 08:40:54 EST 2004

sez revolution at jaedworks.com:
>At 8:33 PM +0100 2/7/04, Dom wrote:
>>About visually impaired persons: it's a pain for me to read those tiny
>>chars in the Help ;->
>>This ought to be a choice!
>
>Sorry. It was difficult to design this in, because the way styles in
>fields are architected currently, any change to font, size, style, or
>color sets all of them. For example, if you have a field of 11-point
>Verdana, and you boldface one word, the word's font and size are set
>to Verdana 11 - so if you change the field to New York 18, for
>example, the boldfaced word will still be Verdana 11.
>
>The documentation has a lot of style changes, so what this means in
>practice is that to change the doc font or size, you need to go
>through all the style runs on each of the thousands of cards in the
>documentation, and change the font and size for each of them. This
>can be done in a script but it takes too long to be practical as a
>preference setting. (But if the architecture changes to allow this to
>be fast, I'm sure it will be done.)
   What if you took the HTMLtext of a field, inserted {font="Vera"} and
{/font="vera"} tags at either end, and set the HTMLtext of the field to the result
of that operation? As long as there aren't any changes in *textFont* (just in
textStyle or textSize) to worry about, this would appear to be a quick and
easy solution. And if there *are* textFont changes to worry about, it might be
workable anyway...
   Hope this helps...