Was: How to go to newly cloned card? shoudl be "Timing clone issues"

Mark MacKenzie m.mackenzie at sasktel.net
Sat Feb 7 20:16:23 EST 2004

Hopefully, this is the final email on this subject.  I am still having
error problems with the suggested handler.  Timing does seem to be an
issue here after the cloning of a referenced card.

What works is to break up the handler with a send in 30 milliseconds
message as follows:

on mouseUp
  if there is a card "Empty Card" of this stack
  then
    go card "Empty Card"
  else
    clone card "BulletWeightsMasterCard" of this stack
    set the name of this card to "Empty Card"
    --    go card "Empty Card" in 30 milliseconds   -- Rev 2.1.2 throws
an error highlighting the 30 with this construction
    send marchingOrder to me in 30 milliseconds
  end if
end mouseUp

on marchingOrder
  go card "Empty Card"
end marchingOrder

This works and does so consistently without error.  Odd little work around.

Regards Mark