Tagging certain objects with contact, copyright, etc

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Sat Feb 7 19:59:34 EST 2004

At 11:51 AM -0700 2/7/04, Dar Scott wrote:
>The information might be these:
>Copyright
>Contact Info
>Long Unique Name
>
>In might also include these:
>file name (whatever this means)
>Description
>
>I think if these are in multiple properties, then they should share
>a prefix in the property name.

An alternative approach might be to create a custom property set to
hold these properties.

I dislike encoding metadata into a prefix or suffix in the name
(although it's a common practice). Creating a custom property set
"bundles" all these properties in one handy place,

It also makes it easy to enforce the "read-only" status with a
setProp handler, without interfering with other custom properties or
having to list all the read-only properties in a handler.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com