Where goes stacks, included stacks and externals? (was Dialogsinlibrary organization)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Feb 6 03:15:12 EST 2004

On Thursday, February 5, 2004, at 08:43 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> I think it's up to the developer to link libraries during the
> development
> phase, and to distribute the application with the linked libraries in
> the
> order which works best for him/her.

I guess you mean the application developer, not the library developer?

If so, that seems to be the consensus.

I tend to lean the other direction.  A person who (say) buys a library
is not that interested in all the libraries and their externals needed
to support it and I would have thought would not want to be bothered
with connecting them all together.  But if application developers are
used to the notion of connecting it all together, ...

There might be ways that sub-libraries are implemented other than
separate stack files, though.  They might be included as substacks.  A
script library might be pasted into a stack script.  A back-script
library might come on a button.  Stacks and externals might be embedded.

Dar Scott