Where goes stacks, included stacks and externals? (was Dialogs inlibrary organization)

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Feb 5 12:31:55 EST 2004

>Another scheme would be to have all stacks find (create paths for)
>needed stacks based on a location relative to that stack.

Dar,

Take this one step further by creating a generalized stack search
handler that will look in several different folders, relative to the
main app folder and/or in Rev's specialFolderPath locations, until
the target stack is situated, and you have the startLibrary handler
that ships with Serendipity Library.

Why allow multiple placement options for libraries & other files?:

1.  Some O/S environments dictate that modifiable files cannot exist
in the same folder as the application.

2.  Some people might decide to place a library stack inside an OS X
application bundle to achieve a monolithic structure, while other
might chose to place the library in the folder containing the
application bundle so it is visible to the user for replacement
without opening the bundle itself.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company