OT : XML

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Thu Feb 5 06:29:16 EST 2004

Hi there,

I'm currently working on a website project for a client
who wants to sell data online.
This guy is very protective (almost paranoid) about his
data, and wants it to be shipped to customers only in the
form of locked PDF files with restricted privileges (low-res
print only, no cursor selection, no screenshots...).
I'm trying to open him to the benefits of XML, and in the
fact that selling re-usable structured data (possibly for a
higher fee) could be a way to approach new markets...

Could anyone be kind enough to point me to a few online
articles on the topic of XML, not so much from a developer's
point of view (I already have plenty of those) but from a
bizness perspective : benefits of structured data, new markets
for structured data, etc.

Thanks in advance,
JB