Dialogs in library organization

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Feb 4 19:42:15 EST 2004

On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 05:29 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

>> Even so, some names such as startup, preopenstack etc. cannot be
>> changed and those must be designed to work even with the stack script
>> inserted into other's paths.  Most can do a target check, though I'm
>> not sure whether that will work for startup.  If not, it should be
>> able
>> to do another check.  Since I typically pass some of these in handlers
>> for them, the target tests might be a good thing.
>>

> A good way to go is to only have a startup handler in your splash.
> It's the
> only stack that will get the message so there won't be any conflicts.

This assumes I don't do something goofy and make a startup handler
meaning something completely different in one of my other stacks.  Of
course, even if I did, I would be very unlikely to 'pass' it.

OK.  The chance of hitting the startup handler in the splash would be
very unlikely.  I'm convinced.

Dar Scott