Dialogs in library organization

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Feb 4 19:12:05 EST 2004

On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 04:50 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

>> Now that I think about it, my message path is changed anyway.  I
>> remember something about the main stack of the executable main stack
>> file being inserted into the message path after the main stack for a
>> stack.  Maybe in IDE testing this can be emulated by putting it at the
>> front of the libraries or something.
>
> It's inserted into the same place as the Home stack currently is. Just
> before the engine.
>> Oh, the application main stack is moved in the message path anyway.
>
> This is one good reason to use a trivial splash screen to attach the
> engine
> to.

My thinking was moving in this direction.

Maybe (in addition) a design step would be to review the names in the
stack script of the mainstack of the main stack-file to make sure they
all have appropriate prefixes and thus are very unlikely to clash with
other names even in my naming weaknesses.

Even so, some names such as startup, preopenstack etc. cannot be
changed and those must be designed to work even with the stack script
inserted into other's paths.  Most can do a target check, though I'm
not sure whether that will work for startup.  If not, it should be able
to do another check.  Since I typically pass some of these in handlers
for them, the target tests might be a good thing.

Dar Scott