Valentina?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Feb 3 21:11:15 EST 2004

On Feb 3, 2004, at 4:08 PM, Brian Maher wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> If I wanted to use Valentina in a Revolution app on OS X what product
> would
> I need to purchase?  They have a ton of them listed.

Get the Valentina XCMD for use with Valentina.  You will need to buy
the Windows and Mac license for cross-platform development work.  I
also purchased the Valentina application to create the databases with.

Be aware that right now there is a bug in the revdb libraries when
working with TEXT fields.  You cannot edit these fields of type TEXT
without introducing garbage characters (this is under OS X).  On OS X
10.3 you will also get extra data returned when querying a field of
type TEXT.  You should not encounter this problem if you use the
Valentina external calls directly rather than the revdb interface.
This bug was reported last July and still isn't fixed so it doesn't
seem to be much of a priority.  It may be best to just use the
Valentina external calls directly.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia