Has anyone ever used the iconifyStack and unIconifyStack

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 3 20:57:55 EST 2004

Well, I tried this and a few variations and they work great for
minimizing all open stacks when one is minimized.
Also, by modifying the script for uniconifystack then all stacks will
open when just one is un-minimized.

My problem now is that I can not get the substacks to be on top
regardless of which is selected for un-minimization.
I need my main stack to be behind all stacks when they are un-minimized
even if the user selects the main stack to un-minimize.

So when minimized there are usually just two stacks in the dock and one
is named "slides" which is a substack the other is the main stack
called "Unity CD". Naturally, even though we left from the slides
substack when we minimized the user tends to select the Unity CD Main
stack to un-minimze from. I need the substack to be on top and not the
Unity CD main stack.

   put lineOffset("UnityCD", tvar) into myUnityLine --tvar is the list
of open stacks
   delete line myUnityLine of tvar
   put line 1 of tvar into mvar -- this should be any substack that is
open(I don't even care which if more than one, as long as it is a
substack and not the UnityCD main stack)
   go stack mvar

This is in my uniconify stack in my mainstack (which I know is being
called because I recenter the stacks and that is happening)

help is greatly appreciated

Tom

On Feb 3, 2004, at 5:46 AM, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> local sBusyIconifying
> on iconifyStack
>   -- exit if we're already iconifying
>   if sBusyIconifying is true
>   then exit iconifyStack
>   else put true into sBusyIconifying
>   -- now that we've set the flag
>   -- proceed by iconifying the other stacks
>   put the openstacks into tvar
>   put the short name of this stack into myname
>   repeat for each line i in tvar
>     if i <> myname then
>       set the iconic of stack i to true
>     end if
>   end repeat
>   -- clear the flag again for next time
>   put false into sBusyIconfying
> end iconifystack

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.1, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.1.2

Advanced Media Group
Thomas J McGrath III	• 2003 •	3mcgrath at adelphia.net
220 Drake Road, Bethel Park, PA 15102