Changing the clickLine

Gardner, Joseph A joe.gardner at nwa.com
Tue Feb 3 18:27:36 EST 2004

Pretty close, Jan. :) What I'm trying to do is "navigate" a list field using the up/down arrow keys. This field shows the contents of a folder of text files and when a line is clicked the contents of the clickLine file are displayed. To speed up the process, I want to be able to display each file simply by pressing the up and down arrow keys rather than messing with the mouse. And rather than highlighting the line in the field, I've got it so that the text color is changed from red to black when a line is clicked (and the file displayed). That way the user knows which files have been read. Although this may still count as a highlighted line...

Anyway, I'll take a look at the "hilitedLines" property and see if that can indeed be used in conjunction with the clickLine to provide easier navigation.

Thanks as always! Did anyone mention recently that you're a fount of knowledge?

joe.

Jan said:

Let me first make an educated guess : are you trying
to change which line is hilited in a list field ?
If so, have a look at the hilitedLines property :
--
  set the hilitedLines of field "Foobar" to "3"
--

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.