Labels and labeled Fields

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Feb 3 18:00:05 EST 2004

On Tuesday, February 3, 2004, at 02:12 PM, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> A group would work, of course ; as long as you're one
> of those people who likes to work with 'Select grouped
> controls' turned off ;-)

Of course.  Is this one of those religious things like Mac vs. Windows?

> Otherwise you could make a nice object out of it to
> store in your Object Library ; and accompany it with a
> frontScript that handles the 'moveControl' command by
> checking if the control you're moving is a field that
> happens to have a uLabelLinkedField custom property
> and moving it accordingly.

I thought about an object in the Object Library that was spiked with a
script that created a label and forced it to move on move and resize.
It also should follow the name of the field, but I don't know how it
can easily handle changes in those.

Wishlist:  setProp for built-in properties or changeProp or something.
Or some way to find out when some arbitrary property changes.

Dar Scott