revdberr: invalid database type

Sjoerd Op 't Land sjoerdoptland at s2theatertechniek.nl
Sun Feb 1 10:48:23 EST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 06:09:08 -0800 (PST), Jan Schenkel wrote

> I had the same problem a while back when I was
> experimenting with the cgi-engine ; the quick solution
> is to copy the database drivers into the same dir as
> the engine and the cgi-scripts.
I tried this (with or w/o issuing revSetDatbaseDriverPath); no luck. I'm using
engine version 2.51G buildnumber 1. This same engine works perfectly on
another server, strange isn't it?

> The cleaner way is to use the command
> 'revSetDatabaseDriverPath' to point to the correct
> directory on your server before making any calls to
> the revdb functions.
I know, this is the way it worked before (on the other server). Could it be
some permission problem? (I don't know how *.so files (drivers) are used in
Linux. Do they need special permissions to be mounted or something like that
(I'm a Linux newbie, please share your knowlege)?)

> Hope this helped,
>
> Jan Schenkel.
Thanks so far,
Sjoerd Op 't Land