How to add a value to an Item of a menu option button

Byron byront at mac.com
Tue Dec 28 13:43:51 EST 2004

I'm working on a project where I capture the same kind of information .
.  series of objects with names that end in numbers. As I'm pretty
inexperienced and didn't understand Jérôme's suggestion, I thought I'd
mention what I've been doing and see if perhaps I'm going about this in
the wrong way. I've been using scripts like

get the last character of (myObject)
or
repeat with x = 1 to 6
put empty into field ("object" & x)
set the label of button ("otherObject" & x) to "none"
end repeat

Is this sort of thing particularly inefficient? Am I missing something
critical if I don't delve into custom properties?

Byron