Adventure Games with Revolution?

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Fri Dec 24 10:05:10 EST 2004

Hmm... what kind of "low-level" features are you looking for, more
specifically?

Just paste (or draw) each picture onto a card, and put a transparent,
don't-show-name button over each hotspot.  on mouseUp go to card
<whatever> end mouseUp.  Done.

Maybe some mouseEnter-type handlers for fancy navigation cursors, and
possibly some resize logic so that the game can be played full-screen.

As for saved games, just save the name of the card or some such, along
with any inventory you might be keeping (remember that there was really
very little in the way of game state in Myst, but of course it would be
possible to do extensive tracking of game state in Rev if you really
wanted to.)

Myst is actually a *very* simple game from the perspective of the
engine (the later follow-ups to Myst have become slightly more
complex); what really sets it off is the artistry and the puzzles that
were used (none of which would be difficult at all to do in Rev).