Script local variables and initialization.

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Dec 23 15:59:30 EST 2004

On Dec 23, 2004, at 1:42 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> The docs are a bit vague
>
>> The value of a script local variable is retained between handlers,
>> but is lost when you quit the application, when you close the stack
>> (unless its destroyStack property is false), or when the script is
>> re-compiled.
>
> which doesn't really mention start-up conditions.

The key word might be "re-compiled".

I would have thought that it would be re-compiled only once and that at
first use.

Here is a way to find out if it is being compiled twice and when.  Use
a later version and put in a new command in the script.  Then open the
stack on an earlier version that doesn't have the command.  You will
get an error when it compiles.  If it really compiles twice, then you
will get it twice.

It may be that your send or call fails.

Dar