3D Rev Cards...

Lynch, Jonathan BNZ2 at CDC.GOV
Wed Dec 22 17:41:55 EST 2004

That would make sense - and each object could have a custom property
defining it's Z location, which the parallax scrolling technique use.

I was also thinking about using like 400 cards (which would obviously be
a memory hog), each card representing a single layer in a 3-D box. An
object would appear on a card if it it's Z-range contains that card
number. This would depend on the cards themselves being transparent (or
partially transparent), allowing cards below to show through - I don't
know if that is possible.

I was also thinking one could assign additional custom properties to
each object to define it's various 3-D characteristics, then write a
rather complex interpreting algorithm that places a picture of the card
into an image - with the actual look of the image based on your zoom,
pan, tilt, rotate, and other factors. I understand that the math for 3-D
images is a bit challenging - but boy, it would sure look cool!

-----Original Message-----
From: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Edwin Gore
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 5:34 PM
To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
Subject: RE: 3D Rev Cards...

I can think of some ways to make card objects behave in a "3-D" fashion
using parallax scrolling techniques based on object number. That is,
when the user scrolls the view of the card, the objects move up or down,
left or right in different increments with low numbered object moving
more than high numbered objects.