DreamCard Review-PCPLUS

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Dec 22 17:48:31 EST 2004

Hi frank,

> From: "Frank D. Engel, Jr." <fde101 at fjrhome.net>
> Subject: Re: DreamCard Review-PCPLUS
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>

> It's a Windows magazine, probably written by Windows fans.  What do
> they know?
>
> ;-)
>
> Seriously, they are both correct, and lacking.  Rev is by far an easier
> environment to work with than Visual Studio, and personally I hate
> Microsoft stuff.  OTOH, the documentation is quite lacking from the
> perspective of learning how to use Rev (the tutorials in RevOnline are
> a nice start, but still lacking).  Additionally, there are some flaws
> in the interface design of the IDE which can be quite confusing for new
> users.
>
> Rev is *very* nice after you know where to look for things, but
> HyperCard it is not.

People need to be able to assemble useful things from a list of
ready-made parts they can just copy/paste.

One of the things that got HC off and running was the plethora of
useful ready-to-run and/or modify stacks, together with ready-made
fields, buttons, artwork, etc.

IMO, that's what it needs. Like a bunch of Barbie and Ken doll themes
with add-on objects.

Ken N.