moving content of variable

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Dec 19 17:56:44 EST 2004

> so I've tried setting the clipboarddata["text"], but the applescript
> balks at getting the clipboard, or I am not calling the applescript
> correctly.
>
> The Transcript:
>
> on mouseUp
> put card field "TheItems" into TheItems
> answer TheItems &&"1" -- just to test that it was working
> repeat while last char of TheItems is return
> delete last char of TheItems
> end repeat
replace the 3 lines above with:
filter TheItems without empty   -- remove any blank lines
> set the clipboardData["text"] to TheItems
> --tell application "HyperCard" to copy variable "TheItems" to TheItems
> -- was launching HyperCard in Classic, perhaps responsible for Rev's
> crashes
> do card field "TheItems" as Applescript
instead of the 4 lines above:
put card field "TheItems" into tScript
-- insert your data into the text of the AppleScript
replace "***DATA***" with TheItems in tScript
do tScript as AppleScript
put the result into tResult   -- get the value returned by the
AppleScript

> --do the SendListToiCal of me as applescript -- don't know if this
> works as I am working with the card field script
> put empty into TheItems
> put empty into card fld "TheItems"
> end mouseUp
>
>  the Applescript:

-- new first line of AppleScript
put "***DATA***" into TheItems    -- this is where the Rev data gets
inserted
> display dialog the clipboard & " 2" --nada no response nothing
display dialog TheItems & " 2"     -- now you should see the passed data
> --set TheItems to the clipboard
> --display dialog TheItems &" 3"
>
> set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {return} --probably have to
> deal; with this 10/13 thing later
> set TheItems to text items of TheItems
> set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {","}
> set TheItems to text items of TheItems
> set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {""}
>
> tell application "iCal"
> 	repeat with m from 1 to (count of TheItems)
> 		set the NewToDo to make new todo at the end of the todos of the
> calendar 5 with properties {due date:(current date), priority:3,
> summary:(item m of TheItems)}
> 	end repeat
> end tell
return (whatever info needs to be returned)

Hope this helps,
Sarah