set a stack in the middel of the screen

thierry douez at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 19 08:15:06 EST 2004

Hi Klaus,

KM> Bon jour Thierry,

>> i have a splash stack, with a startup handler.
>> just one image in the stack and the script below:
>>
>> on PREOPENSTACK
>>   set the windowshape of me to 1008
>>   set the loc of me to the screenLoc
>> end PREOPENSTACK

KM> on preopencard
KM>    set the windowshape of this stack to 1008
KM>    set the loc of this stack to the screenLoc
KM> end preopencard

KM> This is a "CARD" handler and "me" (which should be the CARD in your
KM> script!)  may disturb the engine...?

Really ??? on opencard can't be in a stack script ????
and if the opencard handler is on the stack script, doesn't the *me*
refer to the object which the script belongs to ?

But anyway, this 2 lines of scripts where in the startup handler in
the stack script before. And after your email, i put in the preopenStack.
Same behavior. and it works with my other stacks.. the only difference
i can see ( doesn't mean it is :-)  ) is this whindowshape....

KM> Again, this is a wild and quick guess, but worth a try :-)

on thursday, i'm coming to your country.. Eifeld :-)
and may be quickly in Koln... Any chance to meet for a coffee ?

Thanks, thierry