moving content of variable

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Dec 17 15:29:46 EST 2004

On 12/17/04 12:36 PM, doug rogers wrote:

> On 17-Dec-04, at 11:53 AM, Dar Scott wrote:
>
>>> Content in a field that I need to pick up and transfer to an
>>> applescript variable (script as a custom property of the button) then
>>> send to iCal.
>>

>> Look at 'do ... as AppleScript'.
>

> I've had that panel of the Help documentation open for a few hours now.
> This is how I would have done it in Hypercard...
>
> with TheItems as a global:
>
> tell application "HyperCard" to copy variable "TheItems" to TheItems
>
> as one line of my Applescript.
>
> Which object do I address the copy/set command? Revolution doesn't have
> the dictionary to Get, Set or Copy.

I haven't worked much with this, so I'm just guessing, but I bet you
have to build a statement using "do". For example:

put "tell application" &&quote& "HyperCard" &quote&& "to copy" &&
theItems && "to theItems" into myScript
do myScript as AppleScript

I think that should work. Rev supports only the "dosc" appleevent for
script executions.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com