Disabled submenu items on Win XP

Éric Chatonet eric.chatonet at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 16 05:48:34 EST 2004

Hi all,

Some weeks ago, I asked for a question about disabled menu items but I
probably was not clear enough and I got no answer.
So:
Imagine a menu with submenus.
For somes reasons depending on the context, the first item in a submenu
has to be disabled but the following ones in the submenu are enabled.
On Mac OS, there is no problem: so long you are in the menu area,
flying over enabled or disabled menu items makes no difference and the
menu stays.
On Windows, if the first submenu item is disabled, you cant catch the
following enabled submenu items: the menu vanishes :-(
Is that correct behavior according to some guide lines I dont know on
Windows or is it a kind (...) of bug ?
Any clue would be appreciated,
Thanks,

Amicalement,