Windows standalone two handlers separated

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Dec 9 11:36:48 EST 2004

Hi Andrew,

> Thanks, Klaus, for getting back to me about my Windows standalone
> issue.
>
> Making a standalone that works in Windows has been such a problem for
> me!  I can't believe there's not more uproar about this.  Stuff just
> doesn't work like it's supposed to and often the symptoms don't help
> you pinpoint the cause.
>
> Anyway, I implemented your idea. Specifically I wrote
> send "parttwo" to btn "instructions" of cd 1 of this stack
>
>  Is this okay?  (Because I couldn't figure out the name of my stack,
> stupid as that my sound.  When I typed "answer the stack name" and
> such things, I just got errors.)

Sure "this stack" does work, if the script being executed is in THIS
STACK, as you experienced :-)

> Anyway, the problem still persists with my standalone.  But perhaps it
> was a different problem to begin with.  The weird thing is, before I
> implemented this change it seemed like the standalone was only reading
> the first portion of my script, not the second (like I described
> before).  WITH this change, it's not working at all.

Damn!

> I don't see why a parameter is preferable over a global variable,

It isn't, actually :-)
Just wanted to show you an alternative...

> but I implemented that suggestion anyway.  It worked fine in the
> development environment, but again no nothing on the windows
> standalone.  Perhaps there is some other error going on, but I can't
> figure it out at all.
>
> Again, the symptom is that the Windows standalone won't put text in
> the card field like its supposed to, but I suspect that might be
> symptomatic of something unrelated since that's been the case with
> other Windows standalone problems that I've had.
>
> Sorry for the pestering.

No pestering at all, this is a list to help others out, if possible!!!!

> I really appreciate your help!

Can you post some code that does not work in the standalone?

I can even offer you to take a look here (offlist) and try to build a
standalone from your stack,
if you don't mind...

> Andrew

Regards