Credit card processing

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Wed Dec 1 16:20:30 EST 2004

On Dec 1, 2004, at 12:53 PM, Hershel Fisch wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 1, 2004, at 03:39 PM, Mark Talluto wrote:
>

>> On Dec 1, 2004, at 12:10 PM, Hershel Fisch wrote:
>>
>>> Hi gentlemen , you are missing the point . the question is  the same
>>> way you could do CC payment thru an ms internet explorer app. that
>>> connects to certain clearing houses this should be done from within
>>> a RR window ? and the answer is there is an external from ???? I
>>> think from Alt. to run explorer or ??? the other name from within
>>> RR.
>>> Hershel
>>

>> This can be done from Rev directly with no need for an external nor
>> Explorer.  No need for anything other than the needed hooks (APIs
>> provided by the card processing company).  They will of course
>> require the maker of this software to have an account with them.  In
>> fact, the requirements are the same as if you wanted a credit card
>> processor (device) in your office.  The only difference is that you
>> do not need the swiper.

> The reason why I didn't say RR direct is because of security.
> Hershel

Developing the app in Rev will not hinder the security of the data
provided the processing company is compatible with SSL.  I think the
hardest yet doable part of this whole thing is to find a processor that
will allow this to take place at all.  My guess is that there are
plenty of companies set up to do this.  Google searching will be needed
here.

--
Best regards,
Mark Talluto