Credit card processing

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Wed Dec 1 15:27:53 EST 2004

You would need to figure out what the requirements of the clearing
house are.  Send the data they need, then parse the results they give
you.  There is no simple answer for this question, it all depends on
the company you are dealing with.  Does any of the data get sent as
part of the URL?  How about as cookies?  Will the resulting data be in
HTML?  XML?  Some proprietary custom format?  Maybe the clearing house
doesn't use HTTP/HTTPS at all... maybe there is a custom protocol and
you will need to deal with it at the socket level.

There is no straight answer here because it will vary depending on the
clearing house.  You need to obtain info from them *first*, then you
can start to consider how to handle communications from Rev.