Printing records from the database

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Aug 28 00:58:18 EDT 2004

On 8/27/04 11:22 AM, "Hershel Fisch" <hershrev at realtorsgroup.us> wrote:

>> Revolution allows you to build printable areas as large or as small as
>> you
>> like, so you'd just have to design a card so that it wasn't too large
>> for
>> your paper. (This may have to be done by trial and error a couple of
>> times,
>> but then it will work properly from that point on.)
>
> Hi Ken,
> I need to print statements. I understand  I need to set up a card as a
> template and then put in the info via SQL(from my PostgreSQL db) each
> statement for a different customer. How would be the best way to do
> that, that I should have them all in one print ? The amount of
> statement amount varies .

Well, you could set up a field on the stack that is multi-column, and put
the statement information into the field using tabs to separate the columns
of data. If the data was longer than would fit on a single card (one that
was sized appropriately, say 8x10), you'd have to calculate where to
separate the data and put it on another printing card and then print them to
the printer.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/