Bugzilla nr. 1032

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 09:07:09 EDT 2004

--- tuviah snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> wrote:
> >Try this: Make a button 128 pixels square. Give it
> a big icon (I used
> >803). Then:
>
> >set the margins of btn 1 to 40
> >set the topmargin of btn 1 to 60
> >set the textcolor of btn 1 to "blue"
> >set the textstyle of btn 1 to "bold"
> >set the textsize of btn 1 to 20
>
> >On my Mac, I get a blue label over the picture (not
> behind it) and the
> >icon is vertically centered (well, close. Play with
> the numbers.)
> Seems that we need vertical alignment
> (verticalalignment, valignment
> property) options (bottom, top, centered) which get
> applied regardless of
> the image. This is the easiest way. We would also
> need to make
> horizontalalignment, halignment do alignment does
> now.
>
> Best,
> Tuviah

This sounds really useful for fields as well ;
especially for those who are using them as cells for
substitute table controls.

I suggest as default values for buttons :
- vAlign is "bottom"
- hAlign is "center"
And as default values for fields :
- vAlign is "top"
- hAlign is "left"

That way things are as they have always been.

Jan Schenkel.

=====