Altuit releases MagicCarpet (finally!)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Fri Aug 27 03:59:30 EDT 2004

Chipp,

give me till monday and you'll have a FTP that can accept uploads...
To setup a FTP on MacOS X, just launch the "system preferences" click
on sharing and select "file sharing" it will launch the FTP server...
it's just three clicks away from you.
I'll try to use MagicCarpet with the FTPd on libNetServices, as soon as
it is working, I'll send you a stack....

Cheers
andre

On Aug 27, 2004, at 4:46 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Andre,
>
> A number of users have already asked me how to use MagicCarpet locally
> on their own computer. I've setup a video demo using an existing FTP
> server on XP (Don't know how to setup the FTP on MacOSX yet, but am
> learning!)
>
> It would be really cool if MagicCarpet could utilize the FTP part of
> libNetServices. Check out the video "Install a local FTP server on
> your WinXP PC" at (no audio) to see how to configure your FTP server:
>
> http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/MagicCarpet/VideoClassroom.htm
>
> Also, for those of you still reading, I've installed an 'auto-open'
> stack for users of the MagicCarpet plugin. Just be sure and use
> altPluginToolbar and open the PREFS and 'checkForUpdates.'
>
> The standalone app will auto-update itself. Now, I need to go back to
> putting the final touches on the Mac altBrowser (which I would like to
> solicit a couple beta testers!). It's pretty much done, I just need to
> build a great demo stack and website for it!
>
> best,
>
> Chipp
>
> Andre Garzia wrote:
>
>> I am using it since RMS... it rocks!!!! Now, when I look at CVS, it
>> makes me sad.... :D
>> Thanks for the app!
>> andre

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004