Bugzilla nr. 1032

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Thu Aug 26 15:57:33 EDT 2004

That's funny - this is identical to one of my bugs, #819:

########## start 819 #########

2003-10-20:
Give option to show text ON (not below) buttons with icons

Add a feature that lets you position the name or label of a button
within the button's rect, even when the button has icons. When icons
are used, the label should appear in the button's foreground, with
the icon in its background, "behind" the label.

This would eliminate the need for the "two buttons" workaround in
many cases.

Currently you can get the label to appear within the rect of an icon
button by manipulating the margins prop, but the label currently
appears behind the icon. No joy.

Posted by RevZilla 1.0

     ------- Additional Comment
       #1 From
       Tuviah Snyder

OK anyone have any problem with me changing this for 2.2?

Only thing I can see this breaking is people who already obscure
text using an image.

Phil Davis