internet library

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 07:24:29 EDT 2004

--- Pascal Jablonka <pascal.jablonka at paris.IUFM.FR>
wrote:
> Ok troy,
> Thank you to worry about
> "serveur" is the adress of ftp host
> (ftp://user:pswd@ftphost/)
> "arbo" contains the complete path of folder that is
> displayed
> "y" (parameter) contains the term "fichier" and the
> name of the file
> wich the user wants to transfer
> "fichier" is the url of the file (arbo & y)
> "connexion" is a boolean to show or hide the state
> (connected or not of
> the transfert)
> arbolocale is a handler that shows the state of
> defaultfolder after
> transfert (should do)
>
> on transfert y
>    global serveur, arbo, connexion
>    switch word 1 of y
>    case "dossier"
>      delete word 1 of y
>      -- à traiter par récursivité (to be writen
> later)
>      break
>    case "fichier"
>      delete word 1 of y
>      put arbo & y  into fichier
>      put true into connexion
>      set visible of button "activité serveur" to
> connexion
>      libURLDownloadToFile fichier
>      if the result is not empty then answer fichier
> & return & the result
>      put false into connexion
>      arbolocale defaultfolder
>      break
>    end switch
> end transfert
>
> Y probably did something wrong but, as usual when
> you have something
> just under your eyes, you don't see it
>
> Pascal

Hi Pascal,

My name isn't Troy, but I'll respond anyway -- that's
what the list is for :)
A quick look at the Transcript dictionary reveals :
  libURLDownloadToFile downloadURL,filePath
Where the parameter <downloadURL> is the full path,
including the server, of the file to download ; and
the parameter <filePath> is the local path where you
want to save the file after download.

Applying this to your code, you'd get :
--
on transfert y
   global serveur, arbo, connexion
   switch word 1 of y
   case "dossier"
     delete word 1 of y
     -- à traiter par récursivité
     -- (to be writen later)
     break
   case "fichier"
     delete word 1 of y
     put arbo & y  into fichier
     put true into connexion
     set visible of button "activité serveur" to \
         connexion
     put serveur & arbo & y into downloadURL
     put the defaultFolder & "/" & y into filePath
     libURLDownloadToFile downloadURL, filePath
     if the result is not empty
     then answer fichier & return & the result
     put false into connexion
     arbolocale the defaultFolder
     break
   end switch