Rev 2.5b2 stable enough?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 23 11:53:30 EDT 2004

Marian Petrides wrote:

> I'm starting to prototype a new app and would like to do it using Rev
> 2.5 if possible (mainly to increase my familiarity with the changes in
> 2.5--none of its new features are required for this app).  My sense is
> that 2.5b2 is stable enough to use for this purpose but I wonder what
> others think.
>
> Should I just stick to 2.1.2 for now or prototype in 2.5b2?

Based on experience with beta from a variety of vendors, the rules in my
shop are:

- be prepared for new features to be absent from the final release
- be prepared for behavioral changes of new features between
   beta and final
- never ship any commercial work with a beta

But if you're only prototyping at the moment, we could all benefit from
having as much work as possible being done with the beta release, so
please do use it when you can.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation