simple libSMTP send example, help

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 21 19:35:13 EDT 2004

On Saturday, August 21, 2004, at 04:28 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> Have you considered trying to invoke their email program to send the
> message; like a browser does with a "mailto:someone at somewhere.com" ?
> Not that I have any idea how you'd go about doing that :-(

That's what I'm doing now, if they remember to paste in the message
section it works fine except for when some people's Windows machines
open old email clients with old settings and the email goes to the dead
email dungeon. I was looking for a way to send an email without even
using an e-mail client on the user's computer. I had a great Lasso form
feed that sent messages from shockwave forms through the servers'
default mailer.

This is a perfect case for a CGI that stores the data so that I can
gather the data that comes in. I've never done that before and I doubt
that earthlink has the proper privileges for setting it up. I know that
my earthlink domains have CGI folders in each main folder. Guess I'll
have to see what they have to offer.

Mark