Edit menu recipe?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 20 11:32:28 EDT 2004

On 8/20/04 7:19 AM, Frank Leahy wrote:

> Does anyone have an edit menu recipe they'd like to share?  I've got one
> that works for the main stack, but doesn't seem to work for other
> stacks.

My Edit menus tend to be very simple most of the time, because the
functionality I usually need is is already built in. It looks like all
you are working with is text; if that is the case, then you don't need
to do any more than this:

on menuPick which
   switch which
   case "Cut"
     cut
     break
   case "Copy"
     copy
     break
   case "Paste"
     paste
     break
   case "Undo"
     undo
     break
   case "select all"
     if the selectedField <> ""
     then select text of the selectedField
     break
   end switch
end menuPick

The engine automatically handles all the text operations. If you want to
manage the editing of objects, then it gets more complicated. But not
many apps need to do that, and it looks like all you need is text
manipulation.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com