Cross-platform fonts...what is everyone else doing?

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Thu Aug 19 11:02:19 EDT 2004

At 11:18 AM 7/28/2004, you wrote:
>I think I will probably go with a runtime solution, such that when a stack
>opens for the first time it quickly checks every field for a non-empty
>font/size/style and resets it to the correct font for that platform.  I
>don't have that many controls that are bolded or have a different point
>size, so it should be fast enough.

One thing nice about Authorware is it has a font mapping file in which you
can set up a font mapping from Windows to Mac and vice versa, not only the
font names, but also sized, since the sizes are different on Mac and Windows.

I've often wished Rev had a similar feature.

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
24-hour recorded info hotline: 1-800-624-7671