Questions about Rev/Transcript vs. other toolkits

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Aug 12 22:01:23 EDT 2004

On 12 Aug 2004, at 8:30 am, Alex Tweedly wrote:

>> There's a POP library available -- does it not also handle POP3?
>
> I'm sure it will - but I couldn't find a POP library. (so it's either
> not in the standard package, or it's not well documented, or it's not
> in a "well organized add-on").

The POP library is mine and it's listed on VersionTracker as well as on
my web site which is a member of the RunRev web ring. Googling for
"Runtime Revolution POP3 library" shows it as the first entry.

It is not part of the standard package but it is a well-documented
library and I hope you will find it is well organized.

BTW, in answer to Richard's query, it has only been tested with POP3. I
haven't come across any servers using earlier versions of the POP
protocol, so I don't know how compatible it would be with them.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/