little OT (was Re: woah!)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Aug 12 14:53:23 EDT 2004

On Aug 12, 2004, at 3:43 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> MisterX wrote:
>
>> Anyone heard of a good fla[sh] file format source/parser lately?
>
> No, but I found a good non-proprietary replacement:
> <http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/>
>
> With CSS, JavaScript, DOM, and SMIL all operating as subsets under the
> SVG umbrella, there's little one can't do with SVG.
>
> Parsing it is a snap:  it's all XML.  Delivering it efficiently is a
> snap: gzip-compressed delivery is part of the spec.

have you folks looked into XUL? it's very cool... And any mozilla based
browser supports it out of the box.

for a little Demo, try the Mozilla Amazon Browser at
http://mab.mozdev.org/ just click on "Try Mab 1.2". You must try it
with a mozilla based browser, I just tried it with firefox on my MacOS
10.3.5 and it worked nice. It brings good UI to browsers, I think it's
a good way to go for webapps when you can't deploy a netapp...

Andre

> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation