Cross platform fonts question

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Thu Aug 12 13:59:57 EDT 2004

Okay, Cubist, I'm gonna make plain my ignorance on the issue in hopes you
can help  me understand why ...

One cannot use, say, Trebuchet MS and Comic Sans MS (standard installs
on both PC and Macs I think) reasonably reliably.

These are kinda plain-vanilla types of fonts.  I'm aware that there
probably won't be complete crossplatform fidelity, but, on the whole,
shouldn't they work with remarkably little nudging?

My project used these, and they worked tolerably well on both platforms
until about half way through...

Judy