Rev's Mac-Centricity (Was: Plea to sell Dan's book widely)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Aug 8 05:43:36 EDT 2004

Ken Ray wrote:
> On 8/7/04 10:57 PM, "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:
>

>>I take both InfoWorld and EWeek. Both have had multiple articles about
>>the 'disenfranchisment' (is that a word?) of VB developers with .NET
>

> This is more I think about VB developers not wanting to go to .NET because
> it represents a major paradigm shift for them. (BTW: I'm one of them. ;-)

Paraigm shift is a big part of it.  But another part is the download
size:  I've been told that for non-XP customers (roughly half of the
active Win installed base) using .Net requires downloading a 43MB
framework system.

I was talking about Rev to a VB developer recently, and when I told him
the engine was only about 2MBs and completely self-contained (no DLLs
strewn all over the hard drive as seems customary with tools like VB and
ToolBook) he nearly fell out of his chair. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation