The sky is falling... [was Re: Is Rev too "Mac focused"?]

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Aug 8 02:06:52 EDT 2004

On Aug 8, 2004, at 1:55 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Do you have an idea on how you will use these? I know....PDF and
> Flash. But others? (fact is, PDF and Flash can be already used within
> altBrowser, though albeit there are some functional issues.)

There are so many...

> BTW, does Director and Flash support ActiveX? Just wondering. If they
> do, I wonder at what level they support it. For instance, do you want
> to support adding an ActiveX Tree control? If so, how does one
> 'interface' with it in Director or Flash.

Flash, no. Flash is a plug-in turned authoring environment.

Director, yes. Director allows selection of an ActiveX control from the
file system, and presents a properties panel to perform settings, etc.
read from the control itself. Control specific parameters can be
entered, changed, and viewed. After that, it is primarily through
script. RealBasic handles ActiveX almost identically to Director's
approach.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.