The sky is falling... [was Re: Is Rev too "Mac focused"?]

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Aug 8 02:11:04 EDT 2004

On 8/8/04 12:55 AM, "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:

> Troy et al..
>
>> Agreed on both points. I think at the very least, Rev should support
>> ActiveX controls...
>
> Do you have an idea on how you will use these? I know....PDF and Flash.
> But others? (fact is, PDF and Flash can be already used within
> altBrowser, though albeit there are some functional issues.)

Personally I'd want access to other control types - trees, data grids,
panes, splitters, date/time pickers, charting controls, etc., plus the
ability to use other ActiveX controls that would act as drivers to other
hardware/software.

> BTW, does Director and Flash support ActiveX? Just wondering.

Troy answered this one. :-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/