Image format

Mark Waddingham 36degrees at runrev.com
Wed Aug 4 16:54:30 EDT 2004

Hi Takaaki,

The reason you are getting corrupted PNG's is probably because you are
putting the image into a 'text' URL. You should do
  put myImage into URL "binfile:imagedir/myimage.png"

To clarify what's going on, if you put something into a 'file' URL,
Revolution will assume what you are putting is text and output the
appropriate end-of-line markers for the platform you are on. Using a
'binfile' URL will stop Revolution meddling in this way :o)

Some of you may have noticed the 'corrupt PNG messages' appearing on the
console in an earlier alpha/beta of Revolution 2.5 then this was the
cause... (Ahem) I kinda got caught out on this one when importing images
for revOnline...

Best wishes,

Mark.

  Mark Waddingham ~ 36degrees @ runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
       Runtime Revolution ~ User-Centric Development Tools