Bulk mail sorting

Dave LeYanna dleyanna at rtl.org
Tue Aug 3 15:42:16 EDT 2004

If you are trying to get the best possible rates you need a lot more than
CR. You also have to have your addresses PAVE  certified and CASS processed.
Barcodes for labels and tray/sack tags need to be generated. Government
style reports created, and sorting rules beyond measure. Just take a look at
the bulk rate section of the Domestic Mail Manual at the USPS site. The USPS
does provide data bases (at a subscription cost) and the software created
using the tables needs to be approved by a post office testing procedure.
It's all very ugly. We plan on attempting it sometime in the future but for
now we use commercial software. A couple of providers are Melissa Data and
Datatech Smartsoft.

If you plan to go ahead let me know as we may be able to work together as
this is a future project for us also...

Dave LeYanna