Callbacks

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Tue Aug 3 01:07:02 EDT 2004

On Aug 3, 2004, at 12:20 AM, Barry Sieber wrote:

> How are callbacks created? Does one type into the callbacks option
> screen (of the Property Inspector Window) when the quicktime movie is
> selected and enter the numbers and messages there? I have tried that,
> but upon typing them in and then selecting another option such as
> basic properties and then going back to the callback list, I see the
> callbacks are now gone. I have the callback handler on the card script
> so that when the message is tagged in the movie, the script for the
> message should display in the field I tell it to.

Well, you can use the property inspector, or you can set them through
script.

 From the Transcript dictionary -

set the callbacks of player "Do It!" to "2500,soundNotes"

The property inspector is sometimes odd. Try hitting tab while on the
callbacks page. Sometimes that will "fix" them. The script method
should work very reliably though.

> Please help me establish callbacks to use in conjunction with
> quicktime playback of text/chapter tracks.

Here's hoping.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.